TAZAMA (Tanzania Zambia Mafuta) Pipelines Limited was incorporated in 1968 and is owned by the government of the Republic of Zambia with 66.7% share capital and the government of the United Republic of Tanzania with 33.3% share capital.
The company was formed for the purpose of cheaply transporting crude oil or its petroleum products from the port of Dar-es-Salaam into landlocked Zambia.
To procure petroleum refinery feedstock and transport it by pipeline from Dar-es-salaam to the refinery at Ndola, oversee the refining process of the feedstock in products and to market the product, thus ensuring the provision of a cost effective, strategic and reliable source of fuel energy in Zambia and the sub-region.
To increase income growth by 5%annually through:
- Growth in pump over throughput by 2.5% per year;
- Sustaining the Feedstock Supply Agency awarded to the Company by Government for the period of the plan;
- Sustaining the Ndola Fuel Terminal Management Contract awarded to the company by Government;
- Prudent financial management.
TAZAMA PIPELINES values success, creativity, excellence, harmony and integrity by;
- Developing a “Can do, will do” attitude’
- Being creative’
- Building good team spirit and relationships;
- Being open to new ideas and being honest in all our dealings;
- Having an open door policy;
- Following widely accepted business